After the Top 10 Astronomy pictures of 2010, here is a selection of unusual objects populating our Universe. You will find after the video a detailed description of each picture, as well as a poll asking you about your favorite!
- Dark times for dark matter? May 11, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- No faster-than-light neutrinos, in the end? February 23, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Milky Way’s mysterious haze February 15, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Atra Materia is on the App Store! February 10, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Weighing antimatter February 3, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Testing loop quantum gravity January 10, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Hydrogen bombs and space travel December 5, 2011 by Ashley Corbion.
- Lights of alien worlds November 4, 2011 by Ashley Corbion.
- Dark matter just got darker October 19, 2011 by Ashley Corbion.
- Observing the Multiverse October 6, 2011 by Ashley Corbion.
A bit more than a year ago, while browsing the Stanford University online resources, I came across a series of lectures about cosmology; I thought some of you might be interested, so I decided to share it with you here. It is actually part of a six-quarter sequence of classes …
My personal Top 10 astronomy pictures of 2010: