My personal Top 10 astronomy pictures of 2010:
- Dark times for dark matter? May 11, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- No faster-than-light neutrinos, in the end? February 23, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Milky Way’s mysterious haze February 15, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Atra Materia is on the App Store! February 10, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Weighing antimatter February 3, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Testing loop quantum gravity January 10, 2012 by Ashley Corbion.
- Hydrogen bombs and space travel December 5, 2011 by Ashley Corbion.
- Lights of alien worlds November 4, 2011 by Ashley Corbion.
- Dark matter just got darker October 19, 2011 by Ashley Corbion.
- Observing the Multiverse October 6, 2011 by Ashley Corbion.
The private spaceflight company Excalibur Almaz hopes to offer wealthy tourists one week orbital flights as early as 2013, on board former top-secret russian spacecrafts.
This space tourism project started in 2009; on January 5 this year, Excalibur Almaz retrieved two space station modules partly built in Russia during the 1970s. …
In this second part of the article dedicated to black holes, I will describe how they are formed, as well as the different kinds of black holes the theory has been able to predict.
Formation of black holes
Two different processes can lead to the formation of a black hole: gravitational collapse, …
The NASA and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory offer you to create your own planet, orbiting the star of your own choice.
How to create your planet
To become a planet creator, just head toward the Extreme Planet Makeover website. Using the options given at the bottom of the screen, you only have …
Black holes are probably one of the most fascinating kinds of objects in the Universe for many people, may they be astrophysicists or not. They are often mentioned on the news (and not only science-related), and they have been of great inspiration in science-fiction. Recently, researchers even expected to observe …